Loading Content using a USB Connection

This probably has been answered many times but I could not find it so here goes:
I want to transfer files from my Windows 10 PC to my WD 4TB My Passport Wireless Pro
In the manual it says:

1. With the USB 3.0 cable included with your device, connect the My Passport Wireless
    Pro/My Passport Wireless SSD device to your computer,
  2. On your computer, open the File Explorer (Windows)
  3. In the left pane of the File Explorer window, click Computer and double-click
    the My Passport Wireless Pro/My Passport Wireless SSD drive.

I bought the MPWP from Ebay and it didn’t include a USB 3.0 cable so I bought one of those.
When I plug one side in the MPWP (while it’s on) and the other in the blue USB slot on my PC nothing happens; it does not show up in my File Explorer window.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi @LVSunsFAN,

Please refer to the link Configuring USB Backups on a WD My Cloud:
https://support-in.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20227

1 Like

What kind of USB cable?

Sort of look like this: Amazon.com: Amazon Basics USB 3.0 Charger Cable - A-Male to Micro-B - 3 Feet (0.9 Meters), Black : Electronics

(a conventional Type-A port on the device is for attaching a drive to the device; not hooking the device to a PC)

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, I was trying to use the a-port to connect to the PC.
I had first connected the a-male to micro-b cord that came with the device to a USB bank attached to my PC. All it would do was charge. Once I connected it directly to the PC USB input instead of through the attached USB bank it showed up on File Explorer and works perfectly for transferring and organizing files and folders.

That’s odd.

I would expect this to work perfectly fine with a usb hub. Oh. . .probably need a POWERED usb hub.