Live Duo - iTunes Server

Hi

The documentation says “You or anyone connected to the My Book Live Duo device can use iTunes to play stored
music files.” but I can’t seem to get this to work.

The iTunes server in WD Panel is enabled but when I open iTunes v(10.7.0.21.) in the manual says “Click MyBookLiveDuo under the Shared section of the left pane. If you have copied music to the /Public/Shared Music folder or a video to/Public/Shared Videos, and it is in a format supported by iTunes, it should be listed in the right panel” except that I cannot see this, I don’t even see a heading called “shared” in iTunes.

I have a lot of music in a lot of folders stored "/Public/Shared Music/itunes/music/…

Some help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Steve

Hello mate,

Open the itunes and next to the apple you will see itunes listed there, goes to preferences and in general you will see a list of options that says show: Make sure that the option that says sharing libraries is selected.

That option is to enable the shared option that the user manual is talking about.

Thank you

I went to Edit->Preferences and found the tick/check box for Shared Libraries has been grayed out :confounded:

When I looked at Sharing options it said I didn’t have Bonjour service running on my PC, so I don’t know if that would make a difference???

Kind regards

Steve

Bonjour is how iTunes discovers iTunes servers on the network.   Bonjour is REQUIRED.

Sorry Newbie question.

In iTunes the sharing is turned on and I can see the My Book Live Duo listed on the left and when opened it is empty. But how do I get my iTunes music into the Duo?

Copy it to the 

Public/Shared Music 

folder.