Link to Download Transmission?

How long should we wait??

Any update?

2 Likes

The Transmission app is available with firmware 5.05.111

5.05.111 Release Notes

2 Likes

Any idea of how quickly my PR4100 NAS will see the new update and notify me? If I manually ask to check for updates it still says that I am on the latest firmware version although it is at 5.04.114ā€¦ Thanks for the quick update rollout! :heart:

click on manual download links pr4100 and manul install on your nas

Yes, in fact I have done that. I was just wondering how long it takes for the update to roll out through the dashboard (out of curiosity) :slight_smile:

Also, any idea why the second part of this?

Added Transmission app support, which is available for download from web dashboard. Transmission app is only configurable via web dashboard as part of security enhancement

I mean, why do I have to go through the WD servers to operate my Transmission app? This is quite sketchy TBH. I understand that in this way the Transmission dashboard is accessible through SSL and only when logged into the NAS dashboard, but I think there should be an option to disable this. What do you all think?

1 Like

Anyone else getting access denied when trying to access Transmission? This is really such a poorly executed release.

1 Like

Even I am experiencing the same issue with Transmission i.e I am unable to access Transmission via web UI. I am able to access the web UI when you click ā€œconfigureā€ via the NAS dashboard but that is not how it is supposed to be accessed all the time. It should be accessible via http://yourlocalip:9091.

Also, now the RAM usage is showing constantly at ~70% even after it has finished indexing.

Really, now I am regretting after this whole OS 5 upgrade. I should have probably waited for WD to sort out all these issues.

The developers really need to fix Transmission issues as it is going to upset a lot of individuals.

6 Likes

@WDStaff,

Could you please look at the option to allow either access directly via the URL, or access via the dashboard as a configurable option ? Let the user of the NAS opt out of needing to access Transmission via the WD Dashboard login.

Cheers,

JediNite

3 Likes

Same for me. Once the app Transmission has been installed via the Dashboard App section, I get this denial of access when I click on ā€œConfigurationā€ on the Dashboard interface.
Any idea to solve this, pleaseā€¦? Maybe via a tutorial on how to configure the Transmission GUI on Windows/Mac and mobile devices for the new OS 5 ?

1 Like

Could the app still being launched by the NAS? Does this stay denial of access all the time when trying to access directly from your deviceā€™s web dashboard?

When I click on ā€œConfigurationā€, I am redirected to this web page http://127.0.1.1/Transmission/index.html with an ā€œaccess deniedā€ response, whatever I do. I donā€™t understand what this IP address (127.0.1.1) is supposed to call, as my MyCloud NAS local IP adress is 192.168.0.19.
Therefore, I cannot configure Transmission at all.
Any idea ?

Edit : surprisingly, the denial of access above remains from my two Windows Laptops, but Iā€™ve just discovered I can access to the Transmission Web Interface via the Dashboard onā€¦the web browser of my Ipad (Safari). Any idea to solve the PB on Windows ?

Okay. So when trying to access the Transmission Web Interface via the Dashboard (http://192.168.0.19/apps/transmission/web/transmission.html) , I get :

• a constant denial from my two Windows Laptops (using Chrome as shown below, even after deleting the cache and the site preferences)
  • a full functionnal access from my Ipad (using Safari, as shown below) which on the My Cloud OS 5 App is installed (any link ?)

Could you help me, please ? It makes no senseā€¦

).

same only access from my cloud GUI
Memory 70%

Jep, I cant acces Transmission either, ā€œacces deniedā€. I canā€™t acces Transmission remotely either. Any solution? Gee, this ā€œupdateā€ OS5 ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Have you tried accessing http://yournasip/Transmission? In OS 5 it should automagically redirect you through the WD servers, something of the sort of https://device-local-randomnubersandletters.remotewd.com:port.

If the redirect does not work, I would recommend adding to the remotewd URL, that you get when you log in the dashbord, the /Transmission part, that should also work (if transmission is on :slight_smile: ).

Also, remember that you can access it only while you are logged in the web dashboard. If you log out (or get logged out due to timing restrictions) you get an HTTP ERROR 403: Access denied.

As I wrote above, I understand why WD wants us to go through their remote server to access transmission, but I do not like it. They should make it optional and let us make it public on the local network if there is no security risk.

Can you explain it to the rest of us? I can see no reason why I shouldnā€™t be free to do whatever I want with my own hardware. What problem are they even trying to solve with this change?

On top of everything else it is now incompatible with the handy Remote Torrent Adder Chrome extension. Now, instead of clicking on a torrent link and it automatically being added to Transmission, Iā€™ve got to manually copy the link over. Great step forward.

@ggirelli Thanks for taking the time. To make clear: I am logged in, stil seeing 403. However, in my case, the nas is trying to redirect me when opening Transmission. This redirect doesnā€™t get executed, no console errors shown.

Itā€™s happening direct from the configure button on the dashboard. It seems that itā€™s fine on first launch from any browser but then subsequent attempts donā€™t work, so I can reach it in incognito mode in Chrome now but not in normal mode.

Hi @andokai, please see here. I do understand their point of view. Of course, like you, I also do not share it. I also think this should be optional as most home networks are safe enough to let transmission be public there. So they really should leave the redirect as default for basic users and let advanced users opt out!