LF: 1.01.70 Factory Firmware WD HD Media Player (2nd Gen)

Dear WD Staff,

Please make available the original or factory firmware for WD HD Media Player (2nd Gen).  Please also allow downgrading.  Right now, I can’t use your product with the current 1.01.77 firmware.

Since a new firmware is becoming more and more unlikely, at the very least please provide the factory firmware.

Thank you.

A customer who really liked your product until she decided to upgrade it to the latest firmware

1 Like

Have you checked online to see if someone has it for download.  It seems another poster was looking for it and found it.  I might be wrong though.

I don’t think any of the “original” firmwares have ever been offered as a download package.

I can see the 1.01.70 GPL source code still available from WD, but I’m not seeing anyone offering the firmware package itself in the first handful of pages of Google results.

I too am looking for firmware version 1.01.70 for the gen2. 1.01.75 and 1.01.77 both carry the issue of the audio sync problem when playing back MP4 and MKV files. If anyone wants it, version 1.01.75 firmware for the WDTV gen2 can be downloaded here: http://bit.ly/gw0sUW