It is not possible to create a Master/Main Folder on mycloud

After many attempts and reading the manual I can find no way to Create a folder on the same level or above the three standard folders that come with the mycloud. those being “Public” “SmartWare” and “Time Machine back up”

why is this? I do not want my personal folder inside the public folder. Why has myclloud not offerd a way to restructure this?

Go back to manual and read Managing Shares section… Below is just the begging of it…

About Shares
A share is an area on the My Cloud device for storing files. A share can be public so that all
users can access the contents, or private to limit access to selected users. The Shares icon
on the navigation panel displays a list of shares on the My Cloud device and enables the
administrator to manage shares and user access.

At the risk of being called a troll and a jerk, can I politely direct you to chapter 7 ‘Managing shares’?

WD decided to make up their own, new name for a folder or directory; the ‘share’.

Public is a ‘share’.

You can create other shares, and make them private.

You can then map these shares into your computer’s file system: in windows, use ‘map network drive’, point it to the share you want, select ‘connect as other user’, and enter your MyCloud username and password. Then you can access it just like any other disk.

@cpt_paranoia… Good point about the comment about being called a troll and a jerk. Wish I could tell how in the world we offended him on the other post. All we did was to provide where to get his answers from and whala! We are the bad ones…

For those others wondering, see Folder management - #7 by Ryan_Wolfram