Issues regarding wdcsam64.sys On Windows 11

On my Surface Pro 8 running windows 11, I receive the following error message on log in:

A Driver cannot load on this device
Driver: wdcsam64.sys
A security setting is preventing this driver from loading. You’ll need to adjust your settings to load this setting.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

You should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this for live assistance and troubleshooting:

To Contact WD for Technical Support

support.wdc.com

That sure was a lot of work signing up and such just to write one response.

Neha, i clicked that support.wdc.com link and it took me to another page with another link, which in turn brought be right back here. Not much help.

The problem I have is Windows Core Isolation failure from bad driver WDCSAM.sys in Win 11. Do I have to delete it? Is there a new driver? What to do? Thanks.

1 Like

I found this and it worked. SOLVED: Core Isolation Memory Integrity Incompatible Drivers WDCSAM64_PREWIN8.SYS – Up & Running Technologies, Tech How To's

The answer given by K1udg3 worked, but first download the updated driver and then follow the instruction in the link provided. I did and it works. TODAY!!! Sept 26, 2022

That’s a different one though; wdcsam64.sys vs wdcsam64_prewin8.sys. Does that matter?