iPad and iPad2 cannot see MyBookLive shared Itunes library

Hi everyone,

I am using a My Book Live 2TB version with the latest firmware (MyBookLive 02.10.09-124 : Core F/W).

I’m not sure if what I describe is a bug or just a limitation of the drive, or limitation of iTunes/iPads.

I have turned on the iTunes library function on the drive and it works fine within iTunes on several PCs in my home (all have iTunes 10.5.1).

However, on both an iPad and iPad 2, they cannot see the same Shared Library.

If I turn on a Shared Library in iTunes on one of the laptops, both iPads can see the library right away.

It just seems that the iPads by themselves cannot see the Shared Library on the drive.

The only workaround I can see is to have one of the laptops use the Shared Music folder on the drive as its iTunes library location, and then turn on Home Sharing on the laptop so the iPads can see it.

Has anyone else experienced this and (hopefully) have a solution?

Thanks!

o_j

Hi,

AFAIK the term ‘itunes server’’ is misleading. It doesn’t serve music for what i would call ‘itunes clients’. Instead it serves for itunes on pc/mac which will be able to share in a network.  I don’t know if there will be any a apps for i-devices which will be able to use ‘itunes server’ on WDL (and other NAS-devices).