Ip Camera and FTP Mycloud Help

Can anyone help me. i cant seem to get my ip camera to record to my Mycloud. Can you tell me if these setting are ok? I’ve turned on FTP on the settings menu on the mycloud dashboard.

Do you need to use “ftp://” in front of the IP address for the first FTP server field?

Also the File Path may be wrong. Try accessing the My Cloud FTP server from a regular PC and copy the file path used by the FTP program to the TVSharing directory. This will do two things, tell you if FTP is working properly on the My Cloud and the correct file path.

THANK YOU. I’ve changed the ftp server to 192.168.1.6 and copied the ftp address of the file which is ftp://paul@192.168.1.6/cctv/ Still nothing though. How would i check My Cloud FTP server from a regular PC and copy the file path used by the FTP program to the TVSharing directory?

Thanks for your help!

Paul

One can use an FTP client program like FileZilla Client (https://filezilla-project.org/) to connect to their My Cloud to test FTP access and see the folder structure.

Your file path on the My Cloud should be something like “\Tv\TVSharing”, or it may be something like “/Tv/TVSharing” in an FTP client program like FileZilla Client.