Internet Login Required

To access the Internet at my location, I need to login to the service - it is basically a hotel-style connection that requires users to enter their name and room and click ‘accept’ to then surf the Internet. How can I do this from the WDTV Live? The device is being assigned a valid IP address and picking up the correct gateway, subnet mask and DNS entries, but I can’t see any ability to login to the network. 

aacool wrote:

How can I do this from the WDTV Live?

You can’t.

If you have a laptop computer, you might be able to log in with your laptop wirelessly, bridge the wireless adapter to the LAN connection on your laptop, and then connect the WD with a cable to your laptop. 

TonyPh12345 wrote:

aacool wrote:

How can I do this from the WDTV Live?

You can’t.

That’s not exactly correct. But tonyph12345 is pretty close. There is no way to access a web-broswer with the WD live/live+. However it depends on your level of access.

I’m assuming your using 802.1x type network. If you have access you can manaually add the mac address to the authenication server, and also create a mac-address reseveration on your dhcp server. that way your mac address will automatically login to your network (bypassing your 802.1x authenication server, and will automatically pull a dhcp lease).

It’s possible to do, just depends on the user’s level of access/technical ability.

If the user had the access to make those changes, wouldn’t they also have access to remove the login requirement altogether?

I’m assuming the “hotel-type” shared wireless won’t grant the necessary access.

RoofingGuy wrote:

If the user had the access to make those changes, wouldn’t they also have access to remove the login requirement altogether?

I’m assuming the “hotel-type” shared wireless won’t grant the necessary access.

not neccesarily. The hotel style web page is made to make the user’s life easier. It’s just a front end to allow creation of these element. You can do hard code the information into the 2 place if needed. It’s jsut easier to use the web interface.

I didn’t think that aacool was asking how to access/use a web browser with the WD Live, he just wants internet access so that Netflix, YouTube, etc will work with the WD Live. I believe that his connection will not allow that without the log on that he described. In that case I think he can do what I posted and it should work.