Brand new to WD TV LIVE PLUS

Hi Everyone, I just hooked up my WD LIVE PLUS today, and so far so good.     I am having a problem with one thing though, and I am hoping someone can help.

I am connecting to the internet just fine through the router that is connected to the Modem.    I also have a second router that is connected to a compputer that does not have internet access.    I am trying to connect to the Router to access movies/ videos/ pictures on that computers Hard drive.

I have been able to access the router.   It shows my computer.   But when I click on the computer name, it asks me to log in.    I don’t have anything set up on my computer where I have to log in, so I am wondering what I need to do to be able to access these files.   Is there a program I need to get on the computer itself for it to get to the hard drive with the movies on it?    

I use other data on that hard drive which has to be accessed via the computer, so connecting the hard drive to the WD Box wouldn’t be feasible for me.    Any help would be appreciated! 

I am using Windows XP.  

Just use the default info, which is user id anonymous and no password.

I have tried this.      I’ve hit OK, and Cancel, and it keeps bringing me back to the login screen.  

EbbieDeb wrote:

I have tried this.      I’ve hit OK, and Cancel, and it keeps bringing me back to the login screen.  

Where message are you clicking ‘cancel’ on?

I assume that you have set up sharing on the PC you are trying to connect to.

After some playing around and trying different scenarios, I downloaded TVersity free edition on my Computer.    After doing so, and setting up the Tversity to access the external drive path where the movies are, I was able to connect to the “Media Servers” section on WDTV  and connect to my computer, and am now able to watch the Videos on my WD TV. 

I’m not very technological savvy, so it took a lot of trial and error in setting this up, but I finally got it going.