Impossible to acces my NAS for outside my network

Typically the first troubleshooting step is to turn off Remote Access/Cloud Access in the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings. Wait a few minutes, then reenable the setting and see if remote access works again. One can test using the MyCloud.com web portal for remote access.

Generally on the Cloud Access Connection Options page/dialog box, the Auto setting works for most people. When using the Auto setting, one typically does not need to setup port forwarding within the router the My Cloud is connected to. Doing so might cause issues.

If one sets the option from Auto to Manual one needs to setup port forwarding within their router for remote access to work. Some broadband providers may block the default ports (80 and 443) use by the My Cloud for Remote Access. If this is the case one can try alternate external ports. For example; 8080 and 4443. When setting up port forwarding the port values used in the Manual setting are the external port values. One would keep the internal port values at 80 for HTTP and 443 for HTTPS. So port forwarding would look something like this: HTTP external port 8080 to internal port 80, HTTPS external port 4443 to internal port 443.

There is a general how to port forwarding tutorial at the following link/post. While it’s geared for the first gen v4.x single bay My Cloud, it should be similar enough for second gen v2.x single bay My Cloud units.

1 Like