I want the old YouTube app (how do I roll back?)

I want the old YouTube app for my WD TV Live, how do I roll back the firmware to the previous version?

Has anyone tried and succeeded in doing this?

Here is what you need to know depending upon which “Live” you have (old one or newer one)

How to roll back the firmware on a WD TV Live HD Media Player or WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player

How to roll back the firmware on a WD TV Live Hub Media Center or WD TV Live Streaming Media Player

I have both the Live and Live Streaming (WDTV fanboy here, hehe), but the one in question is the WDTV Live (not the Plus) and it’s a UK version, if that matters.

Post here to support the return of Youtube classic:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Firmware-Networking/WD-TV-Live-Youtube-Petition/td-p/540335

Ended up just rolling back, and everything’s back to normal.

Don’t understand why they just don’t give us both YouTube apps like there is on the Live Streaming.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don’t understand what is changing with Youtube access. I have a “WD TV Live” that I purchased new about a year ago (not sure if that’s considered the “old” or “new” one) and have done the most recent firmware upgrade, and nothing changed for me regarding Youtube. I still have both ways to access: Leanback (horrid) and the original (my preferred) one. Thank you in advance for helping to enlighten me on this.

veg energy - its quite easy, you have a Live Streaming player which has both versions of YouTube. This forum is for the old original Live which used to have the old YouTube app but in a recent firmware update that app was removed and replaced with the new YouTube lean back app.

Thank you for the clarification, RichUK. I guess I’m one of the lucky ones. Leanback… ewwwww. :frowning: