I need alternative to wd2go

Hi guys. I’m new user of mybook live 2 tb. I figure it out all the functions. I don’t want no longer use webdav. Drives me crazy. Webdav is not file server!!! You can not use it for office files at all. Could someone tell me real alternative to webdav? 

Why mybook is not using samba as web access protocol. Please someone help, cause I will replace my MBL with cheep linux machine and 2 tb hdd. :(((

WebDAV is most CERTAINLY a file server architecture.  The folks who authored RFC 4918 would argue your statement. :wink:

If you want to expose your Samba file server to the internet, you can do that.  And there’s PLENTY of guides on the Web on how to do that.

Just Google “Port Forwarding for Samba”

But keep in mind, there’s a lot of risk in doing so…

And keep in mind that the MBL *IS* a cheap little Linux Box with a 2TB drive!  :)

Thank you for your mail! Please send my ********* to those folks if know any of 'em. Those people never use office files probably. I need this so called clouse system with only one and simple reason - to reach me content as I have them at home, right? If I can’t do it - so it is not cheep at all, cause I pay for the shiny box extra 100 $ to 2 TB hdd. Web dav is ftp to me. I should either download the file or enter my credentials in order to do a simple task - open a word doc - woooow. 

Sorry for my angry attitude. Really if you could tell me some easy and low risky way to open samba to internet, would eb great. Thank you again. 

WebDAV existed LONG before Microsoft Office 2010 did!  :smileyvery-happy:  about 12 years earlier.  Microsoft made the decision to not support it… :wink: