I can't delete a folder (MAC OS), system tell me about wrong permissions

Hello.

Device: Ex2100 and My firmware is: 2.30.165 (it’s a last and newest sowtware today)

I have copied folder at my WD cloud, now I just want delete this folder, click Cmd+Del, and I see this error:
The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items.

Take a look at my Screen Shots.

Hi, have you tried to access the My Cloud and delete the folder from a different computer?

I’m pretty sure, this folder contains one or more “protected files”! Unprotect them, then it will work to delete the folder…

@voker2005
Any feedback in this matter?
I like those gyus who make a hughe thing about their problem, expecting help… got some advices - and do finally not even show any reaction :sunglasses:

Hi guys, on a past week I was very busy and didn’t have a time to come here and make something with my cloud ex2100.

I have observe this issue only with some old folders which are more than 100Gb. In anyway I have deleted this folder with very interesting method. :slight_smile:

What I did?
In this folder I have two folders, each of folder has approximately 50Gb capacity, so, I did try delete it separately (inside of main folder) and everything went well. When I have removed this two folder, “main folder” has been deleted without any errors which is discribed in my first post.

I don’t shure that it was “protected files”, but maybe, maybe some CHMOD properties. This folder contain only graphic files (cliparts) and fonts.

So, this issue isn’t resolved, but in any way I’m glad :slight_smile: I have deleted this large folder from my cloud EX2100. Another folders, which are more than 100 and 200Gb contains another type of files, deleting well yet.

I have NEW ISSUE :frowning:

My PC is iMac with MacOS Sierra v.:10.12.4

Today I had found a time to make a BackUP of my Photographies, but it’s again new issue.

So, devil details:

1. I have opened external HDD (connected by USB cable to my iMac) and I make a copy of folder with Photo (166,14Gb).
  2. I have opened my Share folder (EX2100), for photos I made folder: Photo_Cloud and I start a copy by right click on mouse and in new menu choosed paste. I can see that files start copy to my cloud.
  3. After 5-10 Minutes I’ve got ERROR :frowning:

For more details, please take a look on my screen shots.

I’m sorry, but I can’t sit and be a silent. My opinion: “The more I work with this device, the more problems with it I find. I think this device is not very well adapted to the MacOS users”. Dear developers and Business owners from WD, make our usual work with this device in MAC OS easy. Every step has issue.

I guess, for resolving this issue, I must to change name of folder which mentioned in error message, because it’s a different formats of file system. I don’t want care about it, I want have flexible device, when I buy things I don’t wanna get new difficult care in this simple usual activities.

Famous Russian proverb: There was no sorrow, then woman bought a pig :slight_smile:

Don’t know what kind of files you are deleting or copying or whatever that causes your problems…
But I have filled my WD Nas with about 7TB of different video, data, picture and mp3-files from my Mac - and had never had your described issues…

This might not help you - but believe me the problem is not your MAC :sunglasses:

Hi

seems that you are russian and the error says that some special characters cannot be saved on the drive . try english names for the folders and files and not in russian language

and always remember that you must login as admin to delete some folders !!

in finder connect to your drive like this with command +k

afp://MyCloudEX2Ultra (maybe its another name)
afp://your ip address

and login with admin and pw

I assume it’s not really uncommon for a russian user to handle cyrillic letters in Windows or Mac… :sunglasses:

Thanks guys for Your clean critique. This issue has been with the name of folder, first letter has been in cyrillic, so, I changed the name and now it works fine.

In conclusion, need use names only in one language. So, device works fine :slight_smile: