How to share a folder of photos with someone who doesn't have the WD software?

Hi

I would like to share a folder of photos or files, (or even just a single photo or PDF) with someone who doesn’t have the WD software installed on their computer. I tried going through the mycloud software using the ‘email’ or ‘copy link’ feature but none of the generated links work. 

I have made sure to place the items (folder or files) in a publie share. 

Any ideas?  If this isn’t possible the mycloud is going back to best buy. 

Thanks

JD

Yes, you can do this, you will have to go into your security, firewall, and make sure Port 80 is checked, see image below. After I did this my brother and his wife were able to open up a short video I sent to them and watch it. I was able to open up a photo and a very small video (1.3 MB’s) on my old Apple computer connected by phone line.

Been a while for this post, but had a question, I can send a link via email but when clicking on link its not like a webpage opens where the folder is viewed, its just that a zip file is downloaded, is that whats suppose tro happen when sharing a photo folder? Thanks.

There is a simple fact to the why you download a Zip when you share a Folder or a photo folder…

The answer is because you can’t download raw folders on any internet browser. You can only download a file, so in this case the Folder is compresed to a zip file by your WD MyCloud and then you can download it…

If you want a view of your photos in the shared folder inside the browser, then what you want is a generation of a dinamic web page by your WD MyCloud… if I’m not wrong, this doesnt exist by today, but you can suggest it to the WD team.