How to login to mycolud device

Is there any step by step guide how to login (ssh) to the MyCloud device? I am using Mac, and got a MyCloud network storage device. So far what I did was

1. In mycloud dashboard, under setting->network, turn on SSH
  2. I created a admin user account (user name is “admin”)
  3. Open terminal in Mac, use the following command “ssh admin@88.88.88.88
  4. ssh command return a message
    The authenticity of host ‘mew cloud (88.88.88.88)’ can’t be established.
    RSA key fingerprint is “a long string of hex numbers”
    Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

Any idea?

Follow directions as in Error

If you want to allow other users, you will have to edit sshd_config file and restart the service.

When I enabled SSH I was prompted with verbiage and a radio button asking me to accept. It read the following.
Before I post what it said - did you accept to the question posed to you when you tried to SSH?

“Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?”

From a webpage:

To protect you against this your ssh program checks the remote ssh server’s fingerprint with the fingerprint saved from the last time it connected. If the fingerprint has changed you will be warned and asked if you wish to continue. In openssh (the ssh used on most Linux systems) this fingerprint is stored in $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys.

The fingerprint is a short version of the server’s public key; it is easier for you to verify than the full key. It is very hard to spoof another public key with the same fingerprint.

The problem

When you connect to a machine for the first time you do not have the fingerprint in your authorized_keys, so ssh has nothing to compare it to, so it asks you. This page describes ways in which you can do more than blindly say yes.

Checking a ssh server key fingerprint by eye

When you connect to a machine for the first time you will be told that the authenticity can’t be established and presented with a key fingerprint to check. Something like this:

The authenticity of host ‘mint.phcomp.co.uk (78.32.209.33)’ can’t be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 6a:de:e0:af:56:f8:0c:04:11:5b:ef:4d:49:ad:09:23.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

Answer YES

This is what I see when I enable SSH through the web gui.

When you log in to SSH the first time, you’ll be prompted to change the default password. Not changing the password makes your device vulnerable to attacks.

Please log in to SSH immediately with the default credentials and change your password:

User Name root
Password welc0me

Please note that modifying or attempting to modify this device outside the normal operation of the product voids your WD warranty.

I accept

If you have further problems, feel free to state so. Will try and monitor this post from time to time.

tom

I have modified the RSA key in the past to be able to SSH into a chassis. That may have been for a different issue though. Please advise if you have further problems p6design.