How long to finish the setup of safepoint?

I try to create a safepoint from MyCloud to other destination drive MBL …

But after 3 hours ,the screen still stucking as UPDATING .

The total memory size of MyCloud is in 600 GB…Can anyone tell me if that is normal and how long should it take to complete whole set up ???

My experience of Safepoint is that the transfer rate via USB runs at about 1TB per 36 hours. Mightily slow I know!

chantc wrote:

The total memory size of MyCloud is in 600 GB…Can anyone tell me if that is normal and how long should it take to complete whole set up ???

I respectfully suggest that you log off Dashboard and re-login. I’ve noticed that My Cloud Apache server is pretty sluggish - I suspect that the safepoint is probably completed.

PJPfeiffer wrote:

chantc wrote:

I respectfully suggest that you log off Dashboard and re-login. I’ve noticed that My Cloud Apache server is pretty sluggish - I suspect that the safepoint is probably completed.

But the screen is stuck on "UPDATING " …and I can’t access any other function like log-off…What should I do ???

But the screen is stuck on "UPDATING " …and I can’t access any other function like log-off…What should I do ???

If you are noticing the “UPDATING” message on the dashboard which you accessed with a web browser simply exit the web browser and re-access dashboard.

Thanks for yr advice…

I just force end the Dashboard and re-load in by once. But it didn’t help at all and NO safepoint is showed up in list.

But I find another way…and looks workable – roboot the MyCloud . After that , I then create the safepoint and it reacts in fast this time . Only a minute, a  safepoint is confirm to set up in success and NOW is copying the data to destination drive.

But I hv another question :  will it keep ON copying data in background  even I close down the PC in night ??

>>>

But I hv another question :  will it keep ON copying data in background  even I close down the PC in night ??

In a word - Yes.

Well…it looks like in copying during overnight.

When I check out the screen this morning, it shows 140GB are copied .

But NOW 6 hrs have been passed , it still stucking as 140GB without any progress, See attached capture. 

Is there something wrong ?? What should I do NOW ???

Anybody tell me what to do ??

Force terminate the program … and re-start it over again ???

Possibly just turn your PC off; your My Cloud will continue to run , and then check status in an hour or so.