How dos the dashboard calculate free space?

I have a 4TB My Cloud, firmware v04.04.02-105. I have 2 seagate drives (4TB, 5TB) connected to it via a 3.0 hub.

Here is what the dashboard says. It it counting ALL connected drives, or is it miscalculating…?

I think this is part of the code to get usage.
static protected $queries = array(
‘GET_TOTAL_SIZE_PER_CATEGORY’ => “SELECT
SUM(CASE category WHEN ‘1’ THEN IFNULL(size, 0) ELSE 0 END) AS video,
SUM(CASE category WHEN ‘2’ THEN IFNULL(size, 0) ELSE 0 END) AS music,
SUM(CASE category WHEN ‘3’ THEN IFNULL(size, 0) ELSE 0 END) AS photos,
SUM(CASE category WHEN ‘4’ THEN IFNULL(size, 0) ELSE 0 END) AS other
FROM wdmc.db.Files WHERE isDeleted = 0 AND isSystem = 0”
);

The wdmc.db can be viewed using a sqlitebrowser on windows.

RAC

Thanks! I’ll try this… at first glance, though, it’s difficult to see how it finds 8TB free on a 4TB NAS, you know?

Apparently the My Cloud will include any external USB hard drive in its total storage space size (at least on the v4x My Cloud versions) when USB Content Availability is inabled (set to On) in the Dashboard > General section. Try turning off USB Content Availability and see if the total storage space drops back to the correct amount on the 4T My Cloud drive.

depends of what you have configured. My wdmycloud is adding free space of al connected external hds and it self. under settings general USB Content Availability turn it on or off.

I ran those selects on my system and the results don’t match with the dashboard.

The output of the SelectAll.sh script shows 4.7 GB Videos ,11MB of Music, 3.8GB of Photos and 60GB of other. But the dashboard shows only other.

RAC