HELP! My Passport Essential of 320GB is not working! Is there anything I can do?

Hi,

I have had my Passport for about 5-6 Months now with no problem.  Just yesterday I unplugged it from my main PC in order to connect it to my laptop to exchange files to clear out the Passport a little bit.  When I unplugged it and plugged it up to the laptop, the folder does not come up(My Passport) and will not come up, so I tried other PCs at home and over other relatives’ houses in order to make sure that it’s not my PC and they are getting the same issue.  So when I plug it up it keeps telling me that my passport is locked from too many attempts. But I haven’t even set the drive up, I just plugged it up and used the Passport Folder to store everything.  Didn’t even install the firmware in the Harddrive because it was working fine, and I didn’t create a password for it at all, but according to the drive, I have and now it has locked me out.  When I finally install WD Smartware to check the driver settings it will not even let me get into the Drive Settings portion to set anything up.

Now it says “No writable WD Smartware Partition Found.”  Is there any way to recover my files or even fix the drive or is this it for my drive, these files contains my whole small business and other businesses on it.  IS THERE ANYTHING TO DO TO FIX IT?!

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Had any success with WD Support as per Nesvic’s advice?