HDD's LEDs blink rapidly red, RAID and NTFS

Hi,
I have WD My Cloud EX2 and two HDD WD red series - 4T.

I had before only empty NAS and one HDD (separately). HDD is crashing in 50% of cases after turning on NAS - HDD’s LED was blinking rapidly red. FW on NAS is 1.05.30.

So after I bought second HDD WD red series - 4T too. 

Second HDD is good (only 2 times crashed after started NAS),  but If I connect both HDD, never it does not work. - > both HDD’s LEDs blink rapidly red and I cannot connect to admin page… Code: 201 

But first HDD seems OK. S.M.A.R.T. data shows me good health of this HDD. So, I formated HDD again and NAS turn to factory settings. But not change… It is very weird.

And one more thing.

after that, I cannot change RAID… I see only JBOD, noting else. :frowning:

What is wrong and how can I fix it? It is bad disk or NAS?

Btw why WD My Cloud EX2 has a special file system? I cannot read HDD in Windows through my PC - I see RAW file system.  Why NAS does not use classic NTFS file system? 

thx,

Phill

Welcome to the Community.

Most WD NAS devices (And most NAS devices in the market as well) use the EXT3/EXT4 Linux-based file system due to specific networking advantages related to partition behavior and real-time multi-OS file sharing compatibility.

With regards to the inability to change RAID modes, maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Support by Country
http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

1. thank you for ifno about file system. :slight_smile:

2. Blinking red LED is ok now…
    helped rewrite HDD with zeros (this app Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics ) and installing HDD with app WD My Cloud EX2 Setup for Windows according to instructions.

EDIT:
but I still cannot see RAID modes and it is not possible installing both HDD :frowning: firts HDD is always ok, but second cannot instalI, maybe it is related to the RAID. I even tried to install last FW manualy from file and switch to another language, but doesn’t works too, so only way is reclareclamation. :(