Get Content Info Not Adding Thumbs Anymore

Hi Everyone,
I have added a few movies to my WD Live Tv Hub - the first time since Dec 2019.
I am able to get the content info - but the thumbs and images are all blank.
It is like they arent downloading.
The movie information (words) are all there listed.
Anyone have any ideas on why this changed?
I tried a factory reset thinking it was an issue with the firmware or something.
That lead me down a rabbit hole of firmware issues - the one with the network cable.
I am finally back operational and I still cant get thumbs for the movies.

Thanks
Chad

The WDTV Live Hub uses the TMDB (The Movie Database) to get the Movie Information and Images from.

But, because the TMDB makes updates and API changes from time to time … this can break the functionally of the Information and Image Scraper code … which then needs to be updated to comply with the changes.

When the WDTV Live Hub was still supported, WD released Firmware Updates to fix these issues and comply with changes … but, needless to say that will never happen again since the product is discontinued and well past it’s EOL (End Of Life)

Hate to say it, but one day “Get Content Info” will be 100% completely broken for the old Live Hub one day.

I loved the Live Hub … but realized there were much better alternatives towards the end of it’s life.

Love the Raspberry Pi 3/4 now :slight_smile: does everything the Live Hub does + a LOT more.

TMDB Scraper is regularly updated with KODI as well :slight_smile:

Thanks Joey,
I use this setup for my Dad who has a hard time using a tv remote - this makes it as painless as possible to get him movies to watch.
Something like you described makes sense - I understand.
Same thing, it basically makes it hard for him to see what the movie is about when the poster isnt present…
Just wondered if there was a way to get it working again easily.

Thanks for the reply
Chad

Unfortunately not.

If the WDTV Live Hub’s Movie Scraper is not working … only a new Firmware Update from Western Digital will fix it.

P.S. I have a Raspberry Pi 2 with KODI setup for my parents … Dad will be 80 in a couple of months and has been using the RPi2 for the last 5 Years and he has no problems using it. Movie Info, Thumbnails and Fanart still scraping/downloading fine.

Have only had to be “Tech Support” a few times for him :slight_smile:

You can place thumbnails again, but it may take a little bit of effort and patience from you.

Once you get done with TMDB, you have to navigate thru File Explorer to the said media folder and enable “View filename extensions” in File Explorer options. Best to use your PC/laptop.

You have to find the “filename.metathumb”. You may copy this to your local device, say MyDocs or leave it there. Then you go find in the Internet a proper image “poster” of the title in question. best to find HD images. Then save it to your local device. Open in MS Paint and resize to (I think it is) 155 x 233 pixels. Then save as JPEG.

From there, replace the extension “filename.jpeg” to “filename.metathumb” and overwrite the existing file. Copy it to the folder in your Live TV Hub and refresh the Media Library and restart the device.

You will see thumbnails again…

Example:
Film: Inception
“Inception.metathumb”
“Inception.jpeg” (The downloaded movie poster) → “Inception.metathumb”