Gallery trick by jsmyth

Sorry I am not posting this inside that thread it seams someone like me with the help I need would get no reply I want to use those templates as my startout project. I am to assume I need a usb stick now to get the templates on my hub Correct? Second I am a little bit familiar with thumbgen but I have went in and adjusted my settings to I am sure its not correct I need help on the input output setting and what to put in the boxes Can I just go to a default and change it that way or do I like most sheets have to change something? Do I use the hub for metadata or do I let thumbgen get it? Sorry to post so much I just got this yesterday and my whole goal was to get the sheets or movie info to display as  scroll. Also to add I still have that iso issue I let hub get info on 3 movies and now I cannot see the thumb for the 2 movies they are on my hard drive and they play from my playlist but to thumb the hardrive they are on they are not there anyhelp there would be great too

Thanks

if you have your hub networked to you PC, you show hidden files and folders and you will see the hidden folder on the HUB. You copy the theme into the theme folder then enable it in the hub settings on your TV.

Please be a bit more specific I did not understand enable hidden folders where on my hub or on my computer through network and then the hub. I am very new at this this just gets me the theme on my hub right? Then what after that  Thanks for your help though

Terry

If you are running Windows 7, open an explorer window, then at the top of the window, click on “Organize”, in the drop down box click on “Folder & search options”.

A new widow will pop up, click on the “View” tab, then check the option “Show hidden files, folders  & drives” then click “OK”.

Now from your PC, go to the WDTV HUB and you should see a folder named “wd_tv”, open that folder, and you should see a folder named “theme”.  Open that folder then copy the theme you want to use to that folder.

Now from the HUB, select “Setup”, then select “Appearance”, the select “User Interface Themes”.  You should see the theme in that list, so select it and then chose “Apply Theme”. 

I have windows vista

K got it Thanks well now that I have that do I need to us thumbgen to make sheets or do I use the get movie info from the hub

If you are using JoeySmyths theme, then you’ll have to use TG to make moviesheets.

what settings in thumbgen do I do to get them to show up I tried to create some and the files get put on my movies hard drive but doesn’t do anything. Plus I still cannot see them 2 iso files that I used the hub to generate ifo last night like I said they are on my hard drive they just don’t show up when the hub completes its sync before the hub syncs I can see them should I erase my network that is in that sync folder inside the hub?

What template should I use does that Matter?  In thumbgen under current profile I have WDTVlive movie sheet Then in Input and Output settings I have Thumbnail $M$N and set as jpg Do I need an extra thumnail? What about movieinfo import or movieinfo export? Main movie sheet is $M$N$E_sheet as a jpg and so on down the line I was using a general thumbgen template that I made from the original template that came with thumbgen. hope this helps you help me

Terry

the way I have it is:

options

General tab… generate… extra thumbnail, movie info, main moviesheet

Input/output tab…

extra thumbnail $M\folder       .jpg

movie info export $M$N         .xml                 export using hub

main moviesheet $M|N           .jpg

Ok I found my missing iso and I know why I have my collection setup like anything with the in the tittle like The 40 Year Old Virgin I have it 40 Year old Virgin The when I let hub get info it somehow tagged the movie starting with The same with Another 48 hours I had it as 48 hours Another I scrolled all the way through movies cause the counter was right on and I found them

the way I have it is:

options

General tab… generate… extra thumbnail, movie info, main moviesheet

Input/output tab…

extra thumbnail $M\folder       .jpg

movie info export $M$N         .xml                 export using hub

main moviesheet $M|N           .jpg

Ok The way I read it as no original thumbnail just and extra and I read the main movie sheet as $M|N straight not a backslash correct. What template should I use?

sorry

main moviesheet $M\N           .jpg

template is up to, get the extreme digital mega pack and then scroll through till you find what u like. but if you are using jsmyth’s theme, you should use his template or   patatozor’s version

ok I think I have it will try this weekend in the meantime a couple more questions I have all my movies on the root of the drive absolutely no folders so this is where I want all the thumbgen files right. The reason I ask this is bacause I have 2 WD live plus players in the house too and man is it gonna make them messy  in veiwing movies but if that is the only way other than creating seperat folders I can live with it as I have all my movies on a playlist and when we use the live pluses we will just have to stay away from the drives. Second do I use thumbgen for the metadata to create the xml? Third where do I get this mega pack 3.0 I am trying different themes so I have a bunch to go by Thanks you have helped alot

Terry

yes xmls and images all goe in the same location as the movie

mega pack