NEED HELP! Movie info on the WD TV HUB

Hi,

Hope you all can provide me some assistance and guide me on how to display movie info on the WD TV Hub.

I just purchased the Hub  this afternoon! I know how to place the thumbnails using Thumbgen and hve them displayed on the Hub.

Unfortunately I have no clue how to do this for movie info or movie sheet, which ever is easier.

I would greatly appreciate your guidance and steps on how to do this. Please keep in mind I am not that computer savy.

Patiently awaiting some responses.

Fernando

1 Like

What theme are you using?  Also what version of TG are you using (you have to have version 1.2.4.3, for the metadata & backdrops to show up).

If you are using just the standard Mochi, Legacy or Anodized theme (no moviesheets), then it is as simple selecting the movie you want the info for on the HUB, then pressing “Options” on the remote then select “Get Info” and select your movie from the list that will appear.  This will get both the Coverart and metadata.

If you are using one the modified themes (like mine with the Trickle view or one of the themes that uses Moviesheets), then you will need to know how to use Thumbgen and how to set it up for the HUB.

1 Like

[quote

Tinwarble wrote:

If you are using one the modified themes (like mine with the Trickle view or one of the themes that uses Moviesheets), then you will need to know how to use Thumbgen and how to set it up for the HUB.

.[/quote]

I’m new to this as well and had the same question:

I have been trying to get moviesheets to show on my live hub but can’t seem to get it.  I used TG ver 1.2.4.0 and created all the moviesheets and thumbs but it does not show on any of the custom themes that I have.  What am I missing… I read something about dummy sheet?  and maybe has to be the correct size?  and so on… 

Please someone tell me how to set it up or guide me to a tutorial for dummies… please! 

Ok, a little progress…

I was able to configure somewhat TG to now populate some of the movie sheet.  It is now showing the info as text, the thumbnail picture but the background picture will not populate

Under OPTIONS in TG, I fooled around specifically in the Export section and changed some things around and that’s how I was able to get the text to populate but not the background picture…  any input will be greatly appreciated.

you must use TG 1.2.4.3… TG 1.2.4.0 doesnt work properly for the hub