Need some questions answered

Greetings all, I’ve just recently picked up one of these wd tv live hubs with the 1tb hd and I’m trying to soak in all this information provided on these forums though I have a few questions I’d like to clear up if someone wouldn’t mind helping out.

My main and only purpose for this box is to hold all my video’s for easy friendly viewing with the TV.

I currently have my hub’s frameware updated to v2.08.13 and in the progress of dumping all my videos onto the hub.

Theme related

1. I didn’t have a “wd_tv/theme” folder on my hub, so it’s ok to just make one and drop the themes into that?

General organizing

1. From what I understand is that video’s can only be one folder deep, or I can’t have a video in a folder that’s in a folder.

So they must be something like this.

example:

-Documentaries(folder)

—Documentaries.avi

—Documentaries.avi

—Documentaries.avi

-Movies(folder)

—Movies.avi

—Movies.avi

—Movies.avi

-TV Series(folder)

—TVshow.avi

—TVshow.avi

—TVshow.avi

1. Is there any other tips or recomendations/stuff I should know or keep in mind?

Thanks for all the help :slight_smile:

-Jason

1. the "“wd_tv/theme” folder is hidden, make sure your systems displays the hidden folders (you can chnage it in Control panel → folder options to make all the hidden folders visible).

2. No, video’s can be any folder deep. So you can have a video file under folderx/foldery/folderz/your video.avi

3. My advice is before dumping them, generate the XML, TGMD, Thumnails using the Thumbgen if you like to use MOVIE SHEET THEMES.

1 Like

"1. the ““wd_tv/theme” folder is hidden, make sure your systems displays the hidden folders (you can chnage it in Control panel → folder options to make all the hidden folders visible).”

Thank you!

Yes I do plan on using thumbgen to use movie sheet themes, I believe I’m ok in that department.

I have 2hours left on the big file dump so it’s a little to late for me to generate everything before hand, though I’ll keep that in mind for next time.

I’ll post up again after the dump is compeate and I’ve had a chance to get a movie sheet together,  I’ll let you know how it goes and add any questions if any come up.

One problem I’m currently running into right now is in Thumbgen, I keep getting a Error “The given path’s format is not supported.”   I followed all the steps in the mojo’s pdf guide and googled this up and found no results.

Any idea?

This error pops up after I hit the “Generate them! (and go to next)” button.

Do you have .net framework 3.5 SP1 installed.  If you don’t know, then most likely you don’t and you will need to install it for Thumbgen to work correctly.

You can get it from HERE.

The install from that site didn’t work so I went ahead and googled it and got v4.

I’m still getting the same errors,

Everything in Thumbgen works alright but I’m getting that error and when I click ok it finishes what it was doing then goes to the next movie. 

Going to do a few movies, then run the box over to the tv and see if it works even though I’m getting that odd error.

Alright,

So the theme works fine, and the box works but the movie sheets are not working, so it for sure has something to do with thumbgen and my computer.

I’m going to go over that pdf guide and google a bit see if I come up with a solution.

If you have any ideas please share them.

Well, first it has to be ver 3.5 SP1, version 4 will not work.  Thumbgen works specificaly with this version.

Also, as for the moviesheets not working, you said in the first post you are using the latest firmware 2.08.13.  There are issues with this version of the firmware (especially with using themes in this forum) and you should rollback to ver 2.07.17.

See this post HERE.

If you are still having issues with the moviesheets not displaying, then open one of you movies xmls and copy the info and post it here.

1 Like

Alright so Thumbgen is now working like intended to.

I did a few movies really quick, changed the .pngs to .jpg like the guide said, and ran the box over to the tv.

Nothing shows up once I’m at the tv, everything works but there’s no Thumbnail for the movies, and not actual movie sheet with all the info.   All I have is imgs of blank film (must be default if no info). 

I can provide screen shots of the computer side stuff but not of the tv yet as the gf has the digital camera at work.

You must rollback your FIRMWARE to 2.07.17, as stated, there are issues with the newest firmware.

See this post HERE.

Ohh wicked,

Thanks, I’m in the progress of rolling back right now give me about 10 min to get back.

Rolled back to 2.07.17 just fine, just downloading the .net framework 3.5 SP1, then going to try doing a few movies and see if it works.

Will get back when that is done and tested.

Alright, the hubs fw is rolled back to 2.07.17

I uninstalled .net framework 4 and installed .net framework 3.5 SP1

Thumbgen works like it should, no errors popping up.

I did a few movies, changed the .png to .jpg.

Ran it to the TV, and I’m still not getthing any Thumnails’s, Movie Backgrounds, or info.

I took a few screen shots of what my hub’s files look like so you can have an idea in case I’m going wrong in that department.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/labathor/hub.png

](http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/labathor/hub.png[/IMG])

Here is one of my movies xmls.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

28 Days Later

28 Days Later

Twenty-eight days after a killer virus was accidentally unleashed from a British research facility, a small group of London survivors are caught in a desperate struggle to protect themselves from the infected. Carried by animals and humans, the virus turns those it infects into homicidal maniacs – and it’s absolutely impossible to contain.

2002-11-01

Twenty-eight days after a killer virus was accidentally unleashed from a British research facility, a small group of London survivors are caught in a desperate struggle to protect themselves from the infected. Carried by animals and humans, the virus turns those it infects into homicidal maniacs – and it’s absolutely impossible to contain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBZnuUZIbBQ

R

<imdb_id>tt0289043</imdb_id>

R

Foreign

Horror

Science Fiction

Thriller

Cillian Murphy

Naomie Harris

Brendan Gleeson

Christopher Eccleston

Noah Huntley

Christopher Dunne

Emma Hitching

Alexander Delamere

Kim McGarrity

Megan Burns

Alex Palmer

Bindu De Stoppani

Jukka Hiltunen

David Schneider

Toby Sedgwick

Stuart McQuarrie

Danny Boyle

Fox Searchlight Pictures

28 Days Later_sheet.jpg

28 Days Later.avi_sheet.png

28 Days Later.avi

N/A

Ok, first, as for why the thumbnails aren’t showing up is because you are not generating them or not generating the correctly.  You need to go back to the tutorial and look over pages 5 & 6, and maybe page 12.  From the looks of it you are only generating the backup coverart, which is only used for regenerating thumbnail with thumbgen.  It is the image named “youfilename_cover.jpg”.  You are missing a step.

As for why your info and moviesheets aren’t showing up, I’m not sure since your files are right there.  The only thing that might be causing this to happen is if you have your media library off.  To check, on the HUB select Setup, then System, then Media Library and make sure that is set to ON.

If it is set to on, then try unpluging the power cord then plugging it back in.  Once the HUB finishes compiling then check to see if the info and moviesheets are showing up.

I unplug my hub every time i run it from the computer to the tv,

Here’s a shot of my settings in Thumbgen

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/labathor/hub2.png

I’m going to go check the media libary

Tinwarble,

Here’s what I just done.

From your PC, access the .wd_tv folder and delete the folder named “thumb”   - DONE

On the HUB, go to SETUP \ SYSTEM \ Media Library and make sure that it say ON - DONE and it is set to ON

Select Media Libray and the select “Clear Media Library” - DONE

I had all my fingures crossed, went to my video file, and still nothing,

No cover box thumbnails

No  movie info

All I have is blank looking film strips (I’ll be able to take a photo of the tv once the lady gets home ETA 1 hour)

I’m lost, don’t even know what more to try, I’m still reading threw the main Mojo thread looking for people who’ve had my problem and following what they did.

Ok, I see what has happend.  When I updated the tutorial, I put the wrong image in the tutorial.  So for the Input/Output naming you need to set it up like this:

Picture HERE.

This is right in the tutorial though,

Input/Output Naming

Thumbnail - $M$N_cover (this isn’t necessary, but will be helpful if you have to regenerate Coverboxes)
Movieinfo export - $M$N (set the drop boxes for .xml, Default, and Export using WDTV Live Hub format
Main moviesheet _ $M$N_sheet (you can also use $M$N_backdrop or something similar, I prefer _sheet though)
Spare moviesheet - $M$N (set the extension drop box for .png)

I’ll have to change the image in the tutorial now.

1 Like

Also, just a thought as to why you may not be seeing the info and moviesheets.  Are you sure that you are in the correct view, the info and moviesheets will only show up if you are in the Gallery view.

If your not sure, cycle through the views using the Yellow button on the remote.

Ok THANKS GOD!

I seriously thought I was going to go insane and second now…

That fixed almost just about everything, just one last small problem.

here’s the img

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/labathor/IMG_1587.jpg

As you can see what’s not showing up,

On the main Mojo page is says

Tinwarble wrote:

To get the moviesheets to display, you must be running the latest version of the firmware (Version 2.06.10 or later) & you must manually edit the metadata xml file to delete the backdrops, then add the line:

<backdrop>yourfilename.jpg</backdrop>  (NO LONGER NECESSARY IF YOU ARE USING THE LASTEST VERSION OF THUMBGEN)

I’m running Thumbgen V1.2.7.4 (Just downloaded it last night)

So what am I missing here?  Do I need to go threw all xml files and manualy do this?

Also here’s the last few lines for my xml file

28 Days Later_sheet.jpg

28 Days Later.png

28 Days Later.avi

N/A

I notice this line 28 Days Later.png

Is this right?   Cause when I went threw the folder at the end and manualy changed the .png’s to .jpgs (like the tutorial says) do I also need to manually change it in the xml?

Thanks, again Tinwarble, everything is finally coming together.