G Speed thunderbolt 3 with thunderbolt 2

Hello

Is the thunderbolt 3 Gspeed shuttle compatible with a thunderbolt 2 MBP running high Sierra and using the Apple dongles?

Do I need to download anything to use this RAID? I’m aware of the shuttle app to reconfigure the raid etc but is there anything else I would need for the set up mentioned?

Thanks!

Yes it will work that way just fine. You will still need the TB3 drivers from our website even if you aren’t connecting to a TB3 port on the computer.

Mac TB3 driver

Hello Lydia,

I’ve downloaded the TB3 Drivers and the G Speed utility. I don’t have a G Speed connected at minute but is it normal that when the software is started no windows open?

Thanks,

It will only open if a device is attached to load the dashboard.

Hello Rydia,

I will be starting a job using the TB3 shuttle for the first time. It will now be staying in RAID 5. Is it possible to use Disk Utility to do an initial erase and rename as I would with a new G-Raid before use? Or is there another procedure for doing this with a G-Speed Shuttle?

Thanks

You can erase it in Disk Utility just fine, the computer doesn’t know its a RAID device since it is hardware controlled.