Ftp access from external network

Hello,

I just got a new router for my home, a My Net N600.

I thought it was the best solution for my needs.

The only thing i can’t get my head around is accessing the ftp server (ftp server running one the usb connected storage option) from the external network, like any other location.

I am using Dyndns to get to my ip easyer, i do have access to the router and port forwarding is working, but there is no access to the ftp server. I tried redirecting port 21 to the router’s ip or to 127.0.0.1 but neither of these options could be saved. Is there any way to do this? or should i look for another solution?

So nobody know anything? 

This evening i will need to change the item if i don’t have a solution for it. i really liked the design, even if it does not support dd-wrt. 

Is there absolutely no way to make it work? I have disabled the firewallon the router. 

No it’s not possible configure any GUI settings to access the router’s internal FTP from the WAN.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Net-Networking-Devices/N750-remote-access-to-HDD/m-p/538199/highlight/true#M2067

i found that out myself also, and i got the router back, and bought a wrt160nl, i put ddwrt on it and now i am playing with it. 

too bad ddwrt does not support wd routers. it looked very nice. 

now i am happy with the linksys, with everything installed on it. torrent, ftp, samba, nas…

This goes for the N900 too? I find it stupid to not have access from outside network. What the point of having FTP setup, if only on LAN!?