Formatear disco duro interno de My Cloud

Buenos días,
Tengo una unidad de disco duro de 4TB la cual venía in mi MyCloud. Debido a que la tarjeta controladora se daño por un rayo, me quedó solo el disco duro interno, un WD40EFRX el cual no quiero destruir, quiero usarlo pero como disco duro interno o externo en mi iMac.
Es posible formatearla ese disco para poder usar como un disco normal? He probado hacerlo de varias formas pero no funciona con el Disk Utility del Mac OS High Sierra.
Gracias amigos, espero alguno pueda ayudarme.
Gustavo

Yes, it should be possible to format the disk; it’s just a normal SATA HDD.

If you cannot see the existing files on it (you will need an extfs utility), and you cannot format it, that suggests that the HDD was also damaged by the lightning strike.

Thanks friend,

I think that your point is possible. When I plug it into the Mac, I see a pop up that says: The disk inserted was not readable by this computer, and 3 options for clicking appears: Initialize, Ignore and Eject.

I click on Initialize and then I go to Disk Utility. The disk is in the Utility Disk but It says: WDC WD40 EFRX-68WT0N0 Media, Uninitialized and then Zero KB.

I go to Erase and try all kind of formats but none of them works. The message I receive is always: Erase process has failed. Click Done to continue, and, in details, it says:
Unmounting disk
Wiping volume data to prevent future accidental probing failed.
Operation failed…

Does it mean the HDD is damaged too?

Thanks!