Forced to Create a New User

Bought myself a new tiny Dell computer and was trying to log into WD and I entered my other email address instead. It was then validated by SalesForce and no matter what I did, everytime I tried to sign in with my other proper email address, I was forced to complete the create a new user.

Something is not right here… So I created a new user in hopes to sign out and then hopefully sign back in with my normal email account.

This has to be fixed… really… yeah… nevermind… just telling you how inconvenient this all is like everything else.

Private message me with all your emails and I’ll look into it. Make to note the one you want to keep.

This is the real virtual me, the other Ralphael is a fake one. Yes please add a Cancel button on create a new user so we can cancel out of it after entering the wrong email address.

I don’t know if you need to delete it because I think I have a couple of clouds registered to it or even my current my clouds are registered to that email addy. Your whole WD system is not completely right in its design as you have email ids for clouds, forums, shares and even an email address to be added within the cloud panel. Perhaps you have it all straight in your mind, even after owning 8 clouds and have set them all up, I’m still confused.

but fix the one where you log in with an email address that you did not intend to. Having follow through with create a new account, I was able to log back out and sign in with this email addy.

@Ralphael

When you say that you are trying to log into WD, can you send us a link to where you’re trying to log in? It would help us figure out the path the registration process is taking. Then we can know if we can create that cancel button or not.

you know… funny thing about that… as with everything that is related to WD and I’m serious, it just happens and now I cannot even find the spot where it happens.

Perhaps this was a userid that when I got my first cloud I created under the old forum system, or it was that id I created when you first moved over to the new forum? remember that time? I was the first to sign in and got hit with the 1 post rule and than got banned or locked from posting. I then created a new user to complain about it.

So I just use the standard “login” button on the upper right. Except this time I used this email address, yup the one that I’m using to post, on the new Dell computer since it had no history of my user ID so I thought this was the email addy that I normally used.

Then… after I hit enter… up popped a screen that said “Validated by SalesForce” I think and on that panel, the only options were to “create a new user” or Cancel. If I hit cancel it would just cancel like that, but every time I hit Login, that was the only panel that I get, instead of the normal “login”.

Probably I should have cleared my cache and that would have fixed it, but I didn’t and thus it lead me here. I created a new User and after that… I did not see that panel again.

Just now… I tried login in with a different email and login just rejected me with an invalid login. No create a new user panel at all.

Don’t worry about it since it seems that I’m the only one that is affected every time.

Are you using community.wd.com or community.wdc.com? The correct url is community.wd.com. If you’re using wdc.com, then it might be causing the issue with the login, because that url is a re-direct.

you made me take a half hour out of my time that I could have been surfing the net and drinking tea :stuck_out_tongue:

I was not at where-ever you are guessing me to be… and even if I was there it wouldn’t have created the loop that I was in… So for WD benefit, I went back and re-created the error that WD must fix now that I have found out what it was; just like WD must fix the sleep … yeah right…

here it is, pictures on a black photoshop wall… took me half hour to create this… (my time of 5 minutes equates to half hour real time).

By the way, clearing history doesn’t work. You need to end safari or turn off your computer. The standard login box returns after you Quit Safari which then allows you to enter a different email to log in.

I’ll send my bill through email.

Oh, okay. I checked with our programmer, and you don’t have to go through the validation email when you sign back in.

Just so that you know, our registration process has two steps to it. One is for establishing you in our customer database, and the other is for setting you up in the community, which requires you to agree with our terms of service and finalizing your username. If you’re creating a new account, then you must complete both parts of the process.

From your pictures, it looks like you’re cancelling out of the second part of the process, which still needs to be done to let you into the community.

yes been there, done that… yes yes yes

It is the second step of the process that I’m canceling and I want to cancel but I cannot get out of the loop short of quitting Safari which mean that even if I close safari by clicking the on apple’s left side, the next time I come to the WD site and click on login, I’m still prompted to complete this second part of the process. I cannot change the user id, nor can I get back to the normal login where I can enter my original user ID. I’m stuck in this 2nd process until either I “create a new user” or as in the case of windows, actually forcing the Safari App to quit/killed. closing safari or clearing the history cache doesn’t kill this loop process.

You need a cancel process to let you get back to the normal login where you can enter another email address.

of course most normal users would complete the second part of the process, but I’m not a normal user and I’m complaining… because I was locked in that loop… until I completed the process… which I didn’t want to, but had to …

sooo… I think the horse is quite dead :stuck_out_tongue: from the phrase beating a dead horse…

2 Likes

Sorry, how to create a new topic?
I can’t to push the button

I want to create topic in the “WD Internal Drives” category

You can’t create a topic within the Internal Drives category.

Try one of its sub-forums such as “Desktop & Mobile Drives” instead.

1 Like

And who is supposed to know what topic belongs to what category and what sub-forms are possible with what categories?

It does seem, as Yul Brenner once said in “The King & I” ‘Tis a puzzlement!’

Us Moderators. It’s our job to know.