Flashing blue lights on My Cloud

I’ve tried resetting My Cloud by unplugging and turning off and back on. It did not work. I can not access data from my online dashboard. Is My Cloud toast? Is it dead? How can I recover the data.?

What specific My Cloud model do you have? A single bay My Cloud? My Cloud Home? Multi bay My Cloud?

Have you tried 40 second reset?

Have you tried replacing the network cable and try a different network port on the local network router?

Have you checked the local network router’s administration page to see if it’s DHCP server has handed out an IP address to the My Cloud? Try using that IP address to see if you can access the My Cloud Dashboard.

I have a single bay My Cloud. I did try the 40-second reset as well as changed the network port on my router as well as changed the cord. I’ll check my router IP next. If all else fails, is there a way to get the data off of the hard drive?

One method of recovering data from a My Cloud drive that cannot be reached on the local network is to remove the My Cloud hard drive from it’s enclosure and attach it to one’s computer using either a spare SATA connector, USB to SATA adapter, a USB to SATA docking station or similar adapter. There are a number of videos showing how to remove (shuck) the My Cloud hard drive from it’s enclosure that one can find online.

Because the My Cloud hard drive is formatted for Linux one will need to either use Linux or use a Linux driver on their computer. For example if using Windows.

The largest partition on the drive is typically the data partition where one can find their files/data.