Red Led on - I can’t access my cloud from my network anymore

Dear alll, I need your help.

This weekend the WD mycloud showed up a solid red and unfortunately I could not access my cloud from my network anymore.
I sent an email to the support and then send my some instructions below but it did not work.
How Can I solve this issue to recover my data?

Below you have instructions that I received from WD support.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience that this situation can be bringing to you.
Please disconnect the Ethernet cable and the power adapter from the unit, wait
30-40 minutes and reconnect the cables making sure to connect the power
adapter directly to a wall outlet or wall socket instead of a power
strip or power surge. This is to ensure the drive receives enough
energy to be recognized by the computer.
At the same time as the power adapter is plugged to the My Cloud device,
press and hold the Reset button on the back of the device for about 40
seconds. This process will not touch the data on the network drive.
Please attempt to connect the unit directly to your computer by connecting the
Ethernet cable from the drive, directly to the computer. This takes the
Router, and thus the Network, out of the equation and will let us know
if it’s a Drive issue or a Network issue. While trying this, make
sure you try with a different Ethernet cable if possible, to rule out
the possibility of a bad cable being the cause of this issue.
If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.

That reply is hoping that the device had overheated, hence leaving it off to cool down. That and associated equipment and cable problems.

The fact that this hasn’t fixed the problem suggests it is due to the other cause of red light: disk failure. This can happen at any time, to an disk, which is why backups are essential.

If you don’t have a backup, then you will have to think about data recovery; search the forum for threads.

One other possibility is low power from a faulty wall wart PSU. If you can find one of the same voltage, current, polarity and connector type, you might try replacing the PSU.

Hi cpt_paranoia thanks for your comments.
Do you know a way to data recovery?
Unfortunately I do not have backup of my data.

Thanks

Roberto Sabbag

If you cannot access the My Cloud either via normal means or by SSH then you are generally left with two or three choices.

1. Remove the hard drive from the My Cloud enclosure then attach it to a computer running some variant of the Linux OS. From there, if the Linux OS can mount the hard drive, one can attempt to retrieve the data on the drive or run recovery programs to try and retrieve data from the drive. Note: Removing the drive from the enclosure will potentially void the warrantee.

2. Contact WD and send the entire My Cloud unit back to them under warrantee (if the drive is still under warrantee). Don’t remember if WD will do (for a charge) data recovery.

3. Contact a third party recovery service (usually pricey) to see if they can recover any data from the drive.

http://support.wdc.com/Warranty/dataRecovery.aspx?lang=en