First time user... very slow transfer speeds!

Hello all,

I’ve been searching the entire web and forums for a solution to this, but I can’t figure it out. My transfer speeds from my laptop to my WDMyCloud doesn’t exceed 6.5MB/s on wifi and 10MB/s on Ethernet.

1- My laptop has a 802.11N network card capable of speeds up to  300 Mbps  and I know it’s not defective because it’s blazing fast on my work network.

2- My router is a** D-Link Wireless N+300 Mbps Extreme-N Gigabit Router (DIR-655) **again with 802.11N support as well as 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for ultra-fast wired connectivity

3- My Ethernet cable connecting the WDMyCloud drive to the router is the one provided with the drive. And it gives a green light in the back which indicates that it is at highest supported speed.

4- My firmware is v04.01.01-413

Why is it that I’m not getting higher speeds?!! I’m really puzzled.

See if this gets your anywhere…

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/HOW-TO-Troubleshoot-NAS-Performance-concerns/m-p/618695#M1256

there are many things that can impact wireless speed so lets concentrate on wired first

does your laptop have gigabit wired connection? Is it actually connected at Gb speed? either verified at the router or in WIndows control panel / Network & Sharing click on connections and see current speed

If your using there smartware you will have slow file transfer might be best to find a 3rd party software for backup to your drive if that’s what you use it for