File type is not supported?

I have recently uploaded photos to my drive to clear out my iPhone. When doing this it’s now says file type bot supported and won’t display the photo.
From when I’ve done previous uploads I’ve had no issues and I haven’t changed my phone so I’m unsure why it’s now not accepting the same type of photo. It appears that it won’t support any photos that I upload now irrespective of when I actually took the photos. Any help would be appreciated as I don’t want to lose any more photos

This appears to be a file permission error and the fix is to force read the file with an app or change the file an OS, similar to this.

Unable to open .jpgs from iPhone in Windows Photos SOLVED

[This is for if you’ve already converted your photos on your phone from HEIC to jpg. There are lots of threads telling you how to do that.]
.jpgs would not open directly from my iphone, and often not even if I transferred them over to my PC first. I would get an “unsupported” message in Photos. I tried various solutions that people posted, none worked for me. BTW, this is a new computer with Windows 10.

The workaround is to right-click the file in the iPhone folder, and choose “Edit with Photos”. EVEN THOUGH I have Photos as my default photo viewer, this is the only way I could get it to work every time.
Posted on Feb 23, 2022 10:31 AM