File names are case sensitive

Hi,

I noticed that I couldn’t open files stored in WD My Cloud Home Duo if I type the file name in different cases than that showing in the Explorer. Is that a bug? I understand that Linux file systems have this ‘feature’ but the Home drive is mapped to My Windows 10 as Z: so I expect that I can open files by either ‘my Doc.txt’ or ‘My doc.txt’.

Is this documented somewhere? Is there a way to fix this?

More specifically, I have projects in Visual Studio which reference files in lower cases and my projects won’t compile and I got ‘file not found’ errors.

Thanks.

I also noticed that if I create a new file with the same name as the one I already have in the folder, e.g. “Test.txt”, but use a different case, e.g “test.txt”, the file will be created with the new case but only visible if I use the web client to view the folder.

This is very annoying should be fixed by WD. Potentially. Lots of applications changing cases of a file name or path name will be affected by this bug.

You also can see multiple files with the same name in command prompt but when you open the file with the incorrect case, you get a file not found error: