EX2 share permission issues - accessing from a Mac

Hi there

I’m wondering if anyone can help me with an ongoing issue I’ve been having with being denied permission to rename or delete files or folders on my WD My Could EX2 Ultra shares when accessing them from my MacBook. I can view the files but can’t edit them.

Some info that may (or may not) be relevant…

This is what I see in the Dashboard about the share in question. As you can see it’s public.

From my MacBook, I connect using smb://MyCloudEX2Ultra. In Finder, viewing the files isn’t an issue and this is what I see:

When I go to change the name of a file or folder, I get prompted for my password and then I get the following error:

It happens intermittently and, when it does, nothing seems to help - I try ‘ejecting’ and reconnecting, restarting the NAS, restarting my MacBook, etc. but it doesn’t help. I’ve also tried going into the Dashboard and changing the share from Public to Private and back again…doesn’t work either. But then, some time will pass and all of a sudden it works fine again.

Does anyone know what the issue is? Is it my MacBook or the NAS?

Any assistance would be much appreciated - this is driving me nuts!

Thanks!

Hi kishlette,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.

Thanks for your help. After more research I actually think it’s a mac issue but I’ll follow it up.