Error on My Cloud

When logging into the my cloud through the web, I am unable to see my shares/folders. Then when I log on to the app through my phone I can see the folders but 3 of the 5 are saying read only the other 2 are not.

The OS5 My Cloud remote access service is down. See the other posts about it from yesterday.

http://status.mycloud.com

So now its 4/12/2023 and yet the problem is still going on. So how am i suppose to get into my files when i am traveling outside of my home network? Please come back with a solution ASAP.

If you previously setup a VPN server on your local network you could access your My Cloud remotely that way. Plenty of online DIY guides on how to setup a VPN to one’s local network. Some consumer routers offer a VPN option as well. Some are using Goodsync to remotely access the files on their My Cloud. Like with VPN one may need to set up Goodsync on their local network My cloud first before they have remote access using GoodSync.

Thanks but is good sync free? That is the reason I brought wd ultra2ex so i wouldn’t need to pay for space.

1 Like

WD Support has a number of articles on GoodSync. There is a free version as well as a paid version.
My Cloud: Install GoodSync 3rd Party App
GoodSync Free and Premium for WD My Cloud
My Cloud: GoodSync for WD Multiple Folder Sync

thanks for your response. I have another question I went into the login on the website and I am still getting that unexpected error. Now when I go into my app on my phone I am able to see my folders but some of them is read only and some are not. How can I change that

Cloud access isn’t working. My account now say that I don’t have a NAS configured :rage: and I can’t add it!!