Energy Saver Quit Working

My Live Duo has quit going into energy saving mode. This happened about the time I ejected a USB 3.0 drive from it (to take offsite for a week.) I tried unselecting power saving mode, reselecting, rebooting It seems to stay on and not go into energy saving mode.

Now SafePoint is still scheduled to the USB 3.0 drive that is currently ejected. Could this be the problem? Do I need to turn off the schedule when it is ejected?

Any suggestions?

I have the 8TB version with it setup as RAID1 and a static IP.

Hello,

It’s possible that the unit might be locking for the drive to perform the safe point.

As a troubleshooting step, disable the safepoint to see if the drive goes to sleep mode.

Help4All wrote:

Hello,

It’s possible that the unit might be locking for the drive to perform the safe point.

As a troubleshooting step, disable the safepoint to see if the drive goes to sleep mode.

With the drive ejected, it says there are no SafePoints and thus, no way to turn off the schedule. I can’t really test this until I bring the drive back, which I can do tomorrow.

garak0410 wrote:

Help4All wrote:

Hello,

With the drive ejected, it says there are no SafePoints and thus, no way to turn off the schedule. I can’t really test this until I bring the drive back, which I can do tomorrow.

This did not work. Still will not go into sleep mode with external drive off. I even turned off the schedule for SafePoint. I really need this resolved!

garak0410 wrote:

garak0410 wrote:

Help4All wrote:

Hello,

This did not work. Still will not go into sleep mode with external drive off. I even turned off the schedule for SafePoint. I really need this resolved!

I called support today and they suggested I use the reset button at the back of the drive. They said it will NOT affect my data. Is this true?

I tried the reset button. Had no effect. Still will not go into Energy Saver mode. I need a fix for this!!!

RESOLVED - Turning off static IP and going back to DHCP seems to fix it. And it may be related to thae fact that while DNS server is not required, when you go into networl settings, it gives an error that DNS is blank and it could be preventing Energy Save mode.  

1 Like

With Static setting, a DNS is required to be entered.

wdlive76 wrote:

With Static setting, a DNS is required to be entered.

Understood but in the setup, it is not marked as a REQUIRED field. Maybe next firmware will resolve this.