Enabling SFTP on newer My Cloud

Hello, I just purchased a My Cloud NAS with the sole purpose of leaving at my dad’s house, this way I can do remote off-site backups. It has, what I believe is, the new firmware version (2.x.x). It is still possible to SSH into it and change the firmware to enable SFTP?

I tried doing it earlier today. I was able to SSH into the device using Putty, and I entered “[root@wdmycloud] openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 365 -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout /etc/ssl/certs/vsftpd.pem -out /etc/ssl/certs/vsftpd.pem”

Then I filled in all the questions it asked.

Then the next part was to “configure vsftpd you edit the file /etc/vsftpd.conf and add the following lines:
rsa_cert_file=/etc/ssl/certs/vsftpd.pemrsa_private_key_file=/etc/ssl/certs/vsftpd.pemssl_enable=YESallow_anon_ssl=NOforce_local_data_ssl=YESforce_local_logins_ssl=YESssl_tlsv1=YESssl_sslv2=NOssl_sslv3=NOrequire_ssl_reuse=NOssl_ciphers=HIGH”

That is where I got lost. I entered “/etc/vsftpd.conf” but it said not found. Then I entered “sudo /etc/vsftpd.conf” and it said sudo not found.

Am I trying to change that file inside of the SSH, or is there a different way to do it?

Thanks

If you haven’t already seen the past discussions on attempting to use SFTP you may want to review those discussions to see if there is any additional information that may be relevant to your issue.

https://community.wd.com/t/how-to-setup-sftp-on-my-cloud/152297

One can use the forum search feature, magnifying glass icon upper right, to find additional discussions on SFTP.

Unfortunately that post didn’t resolve my issue.