Easy way to move files from Private Storage to Public Access?

I have owned a WD Cloud for a while and know it behaves like a standard NAS under Windows.
My new WD Cloud Home 8Tb is obviously set up quite differently when interacting with a Windows 10 network. I transferred 4Tb of video files onto the new Cloud Home before I understood how I can best access them on my Windows network (as I want to use this as a network NAS drive).
The KB article: Answer ID 20565 covers this well and now my PC and media player have found the Public Share Access folder (but only the PC can see the Private Space folder when I use WD Discovery). I therefore want to move all the files from Private to Public (so they will be seen by Kodi on the SMB network).

Is there a way I can simply move files (cut and paste) from the Private Space to the Public Share?
Using standard Windows, it does not just re-index quickly (like a normal NAS or PC) but is moving the files via the PC as if between two different hard drives.

you could try the FreeFileSync program.

This will see both private and public shares of the WDMyCloud Home and you can use this to facilitate file transfers.

Whether its any quicker I’m not sure but at least its easily set up and fairly automated.
I use it with good success

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked into this software and whilst it seems good for syncing folders and back-ups, it is not really ideal for moving files from one to another (without keeping two copies on the same drive). WinSCP may be even better for this task.

Windows File Explorer can still cut & paste ok from each Folder but it also treats them as being on a different drive. I have resorted to using this now (in stages) but it is very processor intensive (and heats up my old i5 to 98degrees C whilst moving files on the Cloud!).

Interestingly I have found the file transfer speed to a PC from the Private Storage is significantly slower (runs at approximately USB 2.0 speeds and uses/heats the processor much more) than the transfer speed from the Public Access folder (which runs closer to USB 3.0 speeds) on the same Cloud drive.
It would appear that Private Storage is perhaps encrypted and video storage (my current use for network access) is best done with the Public folder.

I can see where your coming from with respect to a type of "cut and paste " option and I cant find an easy way to do this with filesync and that WinSCP may be an option but I’m not sure what credentials you would need to enter and whether it will even see the private folder. I am familiar with WinSCP and use it for file transfer to my android box running Kodi. Like you I use the public folder for Kodi SMB.

There are options in Filesync for update and custom transfers , and of course once copied its fairly easy to delete the files in the private folder