DX4000 DHCP only or can I STATIC?

I was snooping around my DX4000 with a single NIC connecte, I have:

Local Area Connection (that I cannot modify)

and

Local Area Connection 3

The Connection 3 has my DHCP settings.

QUESTION:

Can I assign a static IP or will a reboot force it back to DHCP?

I don’t see any reason not to, though it has been suggested that WD will not support it.

They suggested that it was better to reserve the ip in the dhcp server which may not easily be done with some routers.

Though in the real world, the server should keep the same ip unless you change routers/dhcp servers

Thanks Gramps,

I’m CIFS mounting my 16 TB DX4000 to a Linux machine and need the IP to remain the same.

Gramps wrote:

I don’t see any reason not to, though it has been suggested that WD will not support it.

They suggested that it was better to reserve the ip in the dhcp server which may not easily be done with some routers.

Though in the real world, the server should keep the same ip unless you change routers/dhcp servers

WD Sentinel DX4000 comes pre-configured with DHCP to make the install easy for most SMB customers.

We however will ‘absolutely’ support our customers if they so choose to assign a static IP to their Sentinel Server.

In fact we also have a KBA explaining how to do it :smiley: :smiley:  : How to set a Static IP Address on WD Sentinel Server DX4000

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the link.  I would support it also :)  I was just referring to what zeedlebox said in this thread