Duplicated photos

HI
I have a wd home cloud, both mine and my wife’s phones are set up to upload to the drive, the wife’s works fine but mine has stated duplicating photos several times and non of them will open up. How can i stop this happening please?

Regards

Peter

Hi @PETER_RENTON,

My Cloud Home mobile and web app displays duplicate images and content in photo and video view.

Duplicate content can be imported onto the My Cloud Home using the following methods:

• Content with the exact same or different file name in different locations.
  • Copies of the same content with different names in the same folder / location.

Example, IMG-000001.JPG and IMG-000001(Copy1).JPG

• “Auto Backup” or “Social and Cloud Import” is disabled, then enabled.
  • “Auto Backup” and “Social and Cloud Import” are enabled and a mobile phones content is the same content on a social media or cloud site, such as Instagram or Google Drive.
  • Import of external USB sticks and drives
  • Duplicate content is deleted in the My Cloud Home, but duplicate content is not deleted in the mobile phone, social media, or cloud site

Possible solutions for unwanted duplicate content are:

1. Refrain from disable and enable “Auto Backup” or “Social and Cloud Import” as much as possible.
  2. Verify two copies of content do not exist in both the mobile device and social media or cloud locations.
  3. Delete content from both the My Cloud Home and the mobile device, social media, or cloud site.

Have a great day!

Hi

Thanks for the reply
I only have a few photos on my phone but photos can duplicate many times copy 12 etc. I have not changed any setting and deleted all copy photos but they keep duplicating? How can I set the photos to save to a new folder so I can see what happens to new photos taken

Hi
I have just taken this picture at the top and it has duplicated it twice?

Regards

Peter Renton

Hi again

Could it be because the wife has access to the drive and app on her phone as well?

Regards

Peter Renton

Hi @PETER_RENTON,

I would request you to refrain from disable and enable “Auto Backup” or “Social and Cloud Import” as much as possible and reboot the drive.

Hi

I will try a re boot, I have not touched the auto back up and the only place that the photos come from is my phone or the wife’s phone and hers looks ok, we have just renewed our phones yesterday and it is still doing it, It is very frustrating!!!

Regards

Peter Renton

I hate to basically ask the same question but I didn’t see a response that answers my question so I’m going to ask almost same question and I apologize in advance if this has been addressed previously as I am new to this forum. I have over hundreds of duplicate photos on our my cloud and have not been able to find an easy way to delete duplicates. I know I can manually delete each duplicate but was hoping to find a much easier solution. I have since realized how I was uploading so many duplicates and have addressed the issue so that moving forward I will not continue to do so. If anyone has a quicker and easier way to remove them please share! I appreciate any assistance in advance.

Thank you!!!