DTS audio no longer works after upgrading to 1.03.49

I’m using Mkv Merge V 3.1.0 & correct me if I am wrong but I dont think Header Compression is an option in this version & therefore should not be causing a problem.

Thanks for the reply.

Hi.

I also had the problem, that there was no DTS sound, when I upgraded the firmware. I only connect through HDMI between my WD tv Live and my receiver Sony DA5400ES.

I just found out how to solve the problem:

In settings, HDMI, Audio Out it was " TV+AMP. I changed it to only " AMP ". Voila problem solved.

Probably other receivers have similar settings, where you can change something.

Hope all you guys with problems can use this, because it also made me thing the firmware guys may be idiots to release such an untested version!

I’ve been using 1.03.49_B for  some time now and like it except there is no sound but noise on Blue Ray files with DD True HD. I use  HDMI cable connected to the Viewsonic 6531w projector and I have regular audio Line Out  on projector connected to the speakers with subwoofer.  I am not even sure if I had  sound before on DD True HD files.  But in any case,  that would be my request  in future firmware to be able to downmix ANY sound format to ordinary stereo through HDMI output using the setting Stereo in the WD settings

Thanks, Supergris.> I had the exact issue after applying the last two system updates yesterday.    I found the HDMI audio setting as you indicated below, and it’s working fine now.> Bill> * * *
Supergris wrote:

Hi.

I also had the problem, that there was no DTS sound, when I upgraded the firmware. I only connect through HDMI between my WD tv Live and my receiver Sony DA5400ES.

I just found out how to solve the problem:

In settings, HDMI, Audio Out it was " TV+AMP. I changed it to only " AMP ". Voila problem solved.

Probably other receivers have similar settings, where you can change something.

Hope all you guys with problems can use this, because it also made me thing the firmware guys may be idiots to release such an untested version!

After a month of messing around, this exact solution worked for me as well. I also use a Sony receiver.

Can you explain alittle bit more about: In settings, HDMI, Audio Out it was " TV+AMP. I changed it to only " AMP " because I can not find these things in my WD TV Live. Thanx alot

Just do exactly as described. It is very easy.