DS5100 boot failure - question

Dear isu-skyman,

once again thank you very much for your help. The problem in my case was, I could not even enter that bios screen – the unit freezes even before I was able to pull the bios menu up. I tried to reset the bios as well as the unit itself (pressing recovery, etc), but nothing helped…

A good news. I thought I should post this for future users who face similar issues:

With the help of WD, I was able to recover the unit. Dx09 error, based on WD, is related to “communication” between OS drive and the data drive. That said, we tried the following combination:

Step 1 : A complete new empty DS5100 case + old OS drive + old data drives → failed, getting another error message. Dx05 upon booting, symptom is the same as before.

Step 2: New empty DS5100 case + new OS drive + old data drives → boot successful, had to do the fresh OS install but the data was intact!

When I say “new empty DS5100 case”, I mean the case only, without the OS drive. Since the unit was within warranty, we could try this…

It took me long days (5 months!!) to regulate this issue, but now I am happy that I did not lose any data. Will have to thank WD for their support!