Don't want any updates for MyCloud EX4100, how to completely turn that off?

In an update this year, AFP access was removed, causing many problems with my Mac system. Therefore, I want to remain at version 5.18.117

I do not use any of the actual cloud features, I am only using it as a NAS

Every time a new update is released, the system will have some error, either connecting to the network or using the drive. I have NOT updated the firmware; it’s just a thing that happens when an update is available.

I have auto update turned off, but I want the system to stop even checking for updates to prevent these issues. Is there a way to do this? I will never be updating the system at this point, I just want it to be in a reliable working condition

Hi @simpleknight,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

@keerti_01 Does this canned response really help anyone? It contributes nothing to the overall community knowledge; and basically tells the users that input from other users should be avoided.

. . .and one wonders why these forums are so. . . .quiet.

@simpleknight Well: If you are ONLY using the device as a NAS; I would presume you do not access the NAS from the web or use the phone app. If that is true, I would BLOCK internet access to the NAS from the router. This will ensure that no rogue updates will occur; and will improve overall security
(this is not a perfect security solution; since other machines on your network can still compromise the NAS)