DLNA scan doesn't complete

Hi,

I’m not getting any answer for the cases i opened via email, which is extremely depressing.

This product has given me grief from day 1 and i really would expect the company to support their product. It’s a shame.

The issue I’m having at this point is that Twonky keeps trying to scan the shared folder and never reaches the end.

Basically, I can’t use the device for streaming at all.

I tried to send the report from the UI and that didn’t work either.

I am using the latest firmware.

Assi

I am very disappointed with WD and this product right now.

Did you try to reboot the device from the admin dashboard?

Also, if you have uploaded a lot of content to the NAS recently (hundreds of gigabytes., for example) the content scanning will take a lot of time (a couple of days?). During content scanning, the performance is greatly reduced, but not enough to stop the streaming, though

Hi,the problem persists after multiple reboots and after playing around with the configuration.

The issue is not that the scan takes too long but that it doesnt reach the end and then either the server restarts or the scan the starts, I’m not sure but I think it’s the whole twonky server restarting.

The result is that i can see only some folders (under shared music) and it never reaches the video, and then the scanned content resets and it has nothing again. That is why i say i cant use th streaming at all.

I will appreciate a real answer. I am very close to following the path suggested by LinAdmin of throwing this box away and try and demand my money back, along with spreading this story as much as i can to save people’s time.

Because  i don’t think my Current issue is so hard to fix and because i would like to know what WD have to offer. I hope it can be stabilized.

I dont think it would be that easy to get my money back, but if i could I would.

As a reminder of what the most important thing is, this is the case i have opened and for some reason it is being ignored.
[Deleted]

If anyone from WD is out there, can you please answer?

whynoanswer wrote:

As a reminder of what the most important thing is, this is the case i have opened and for some reason it is being ignored.

[Deleted]

If anyone from WD is out there, can you please answer?

Yes I have 2 open and Yep I have 2 open and still waiting.

Is it always that way or is it just a bad time?

They write that tbey intend to answer withina day!!!

I opened them on Friday, so I expect an answer today. Usually within 2 days but recently they are somehow slow for some reason.

HAs anybody got anything on this one?

No answer from the WD support, they are both clueless and unresponsive.

I’m trying to get rid of this product as we speak, but the store will not accept it so far.