DLNA freezes

I’m having an issue with a but slow DLNA streaming, and eventually not being able to stream at all. After the original scan DLNA seems to work a bit slow but OK enough where I could deal with it. However after some time of inactivity, the DLNA receivers give me all kinds of messages, such as “Unable to download content list” I’ve tested it with my Android phone, Sony Blue Ray, Vizio TV, all with the same result. I can see the server, but I can’t see any files. During that same time, if open up the dashboard no files show under the DLNA media scan, if I hit rescan or rebuild, nothing happens. Also, if I go to the Twonky Server settings (IP:9000), I get noting under the “status” menu. Any help would be appreciated. 

I also would like to add that the NAS part works just fine, and the latest firmware did not help this issue. 

I’m having the same problems. No files showing under DNLA scan and nothing on the Twonky settings page. Just out of interest, how many media files do you have? I received the message ‘Exceeded share directory monitor resource limit’ and belive this may be causing a problem. See this thread;

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Exceeded-share-directory-monitor-resource-limit/td-p/604825

I did manage to get it to work for a bit after turning media serving off for all shares, but leaving media server on. I could then access Twonky ok, so I put media serving back on my pictures share and it picked up all my photos fine (20,000). I could stream to my TV, iPad, phone etc. I then put media serving back on my music share, but it froze while scanning 22,000 mp3s, so I had to pull the power on the My Cloud. Now I’m back at square one…

I have about 15000 pictures 150 videos (short less than 5 min each) and about 5000 songs. Since I don’t care about the music over DLNA I’ve moved the files to non DLNA share hoping it would help, but nothing. I didn’t get the same error as you did. I’m trying to do factory restore and start from beginning, however its been over 18 hours since the restore started, so I’m thinking its time to get my money back.

Are you sure that its still restoring. Have you tried connecting to the dashboard. Is the led blue.

Yes, the blue light was on and there was a progress bar on the UI, it was moving about 5% or so per hour, so I know it wasn’t frozen. Seems to finally be done with the factory restore. 

Update…

After the factory reset that took about 20 hours, I’ve slowly added some media files to see if I still have the issue. I’ve added about 2000 files and so far so good, no DLNA issues.

However, now i’m stuck with this…the scan is stuck and restart won’t help…next task…pringting my UPS label back to Amazon. If wasted enought time with this product.