'cp -p' issues on MyCloud EX2 from MacOS Terminal

This was posted earlier on the MyCloud-OS3 subforum and it was suggested to post in this OS5 subforum as people here have more familiarity with OS5.

I plan to programatically copy hundreds of photo files and organize the files into different folders based on certain image exif attributes. The organized files must retain and preserve their original datetime stamps.

I have a MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS (firmware 5.11.112) which I access through a MacOS Terminal.

On my Mac, the NAS folder is mounted on /volumes/Public with user-id ‘dad’. Mount was done via Finder/Go-To-Server.

I then execute the cp command with -p flag to preserve file datetime stamps

cp -pv /volumes/Public/src/DSC06727.JPG /volumes/Public/src/tmp

where:

/volumes/Public/src/DSC06727.JPG and /volumes/Public/src/tmp
are both on the NAS

Although the ‘cp -p’ flag was specified, I noticed that the file datetime stamps on the copied file is actually not preserved. Instead the current datetime is used on the newly copied file.

a. When I use Finder to copy files on the NAS, the original datetime stamps are preserved.
b. When I ssh to the MyCloud server, and do ‘cp -p’ within the ssh terminal session, the original datetime stamps are also preserved.

How can I copy files on MyCloud NAS from Terminal and at the same time preserve their original datetime stamps?

Thanks for any help.

###################
# on MacOS Terminal
###################

$ echo $USER
dad

### source file has Mar-23 date 
$ ls -l /volumes/Public/src/DSC06727.JPG
-rwxrwxrwx 1 dad staff 4793883 24 Mar 19:13 /volumes/Public/src/DSC06727.JPG

### cp -p
$ cp -pv /volumes/Public/src/DSC06727.JPG /volumes/Public/src/tmp
/volumes/Public/src/DSC06727.JPG → /volumes/Public/src/tmp/DSC06727.JPG

### copied file has current date 
$ ls -l /volumes/Public/src/tmp
-rwxrwxrwx 1 dad staff 4793883 29 Mar 2021 DSC06727.JPG
### datetime stamp is current date :<(

As suggested by Logan.S (WD Staff)
https://community.wd.com/t/re-cp-p-issues-on-mycloud-ex2-from-macos-terminal/265525
This query was submitted to WD-Support on 5-Apr-2021 with Incident: 210406-000544.
Thank you.