WD Community

Couldn't find Transmission's web interface files!

Hello!

I have Transmission installed on my WD MyCloud, but it started to throw the below error recently:

404: Not Found

Couldn’t find Transmission’s web interface files!

Users: to tell Transmission where to look, set the TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME environment variable to the folder where the web interface’s index.html is located.

I tried to reinstall it, but it did not help, it seems the missing file are not part of the Transmission client itself. Any idea how could I fix it? Thanks

@MukiJames

What WDMYCLOUD do you own? What generation is it and what firmware does it have?

Hello!

Sorry for the super late answer, I was on vacation during Xmas period, and since then I completely forgot about this topic.

So, I have a pretty old one, unfortunately I can’t find any exact model number on the device itslef. On the MyCloud dashboard I can see only the OS version (5.32.102), but no info about the hardware. However, the house looks like this:

I hope, it helps. Thanks a lot for your input, it is very much appreciated.

Look through the User Manuals and see if they help. Here are the links if you need them.

4779-705147.pdf This is the original User Manual for before OS5 came out.

My Cloud OS 5 Online User Manual

Be sure your device is connected to your router. If it doesn’t work, then reboot your router.

Support for Western Digital Hard Drives | Western Digital

Still Need Help?

Reach out to Support for more assistance.

Sign in to Your Support Account

Get up-to-date information about your products.

Western Digital Business Portal

Unlock benefits and tools for your business such as enterprise support, pricing and rebate tools, marketing, loyalty, rewards, and more.