Connecting VLC iOS App to Plex on Mycloud home 6TB

Just purchased a my cloud 6TB for the house. Have a Plex server running on it but the playback in the Plex app is clunky and over complicated. Can I use the VLC app in iOS to access Plex on the NAS directly? I know I can hit ‘open in VLC’ from the my cloud app but want to view my NAS from the VLC app directly. Screenshot from the VLC app Network options - this is as far as I get but it wont access the drive. Thanks

VLC iOS App version 3.2.13
WD My Cloud Home 6TB

Hi Craig,
This is indeed possible. If you access it locally, the only thing you should enter is the local IP address given to your WD My Cloud Home NAS and port number. You can find this in your Plex settings under ‘Remote Access’. You’ll need the IP and Port mentioned after ‘Private’ Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 16.06.23 Obviously, you’ll need to enter your Plex credentials too. If you want to access it outside your network, you’ll need the IP and Port mentioned after ‘Public’. But beware, this IP changes every 36 hours or so, depending on your router settings. To help this, you can work with a DNS service…

This worked for me automatically about a week ago, now it doesn’t work.

Which credentials would it be? My regular Plex login? Sounds like a stupid question, which it probably is, but I’m not sure what login username and password I’m supposed to use here?

For server, should I use the ip number or the name of the server?

From what I remember, Plex showed up by it self under the “File Servers” in VLC, but now it don’t. I haven’t done any changes, it all just stopped working one day without reason.

Sorry for this being all over the place!