Cloud access and user folder access

Hello together,

my wife and I are going to move from My Cloud Mirror to My Cloud Home this weekend.

As far as I know, I need to install the WD Discovery software to get access to my user folder and JUST ONLY to MY folder. It seems that it is not like the My Cloud Mirror where every user has access to every folder.

Is there any way that we can use the My Cloud Home without installing WD Discovery? If not - I could live with installing the software and she gets access to my folder anyway / I get access to her folder anyway? We do not want to use a family/public folder… How can we do this?

Second question is again if it is possible to use the My Cloud Home without installing WD Discovery on my computer from work, which is connected to our network at home because I definitely not want to install WD Discovery on this device. I can access the My Cloud Home without installing WD Discovery by “\mycloud-xxxxxx” but there I just can see a “public” and “timemachinebackup” folder.

Sorry for my bad english - but I want to try it here…

Greetings from germany

M

@Martin_Kirchner
I don’t own one but I hope this information will help you.

My Cloud Home (wd.com)

User Manual: My Cloud Home and My Cloud Home Duo (westerndigital.com)

Thank you for your reply but this does not answer my question how to access the My Cloud Home without installin WD Discovery…