Changing ip address

I had been using my 2 TB My Cloud in a different network, now I moved My Cloud to another network and it can´t be detected because ita has the old IP address, How can I change the IP address?

One can set or change the IP within the My Cloud by accessing the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings > Network > Network Services > Network Mode.

Generally its better to leave the My Cloud configured for DHCP and set / assign / reserve the IP address for the My Cloud in the local network’s router. See the router’s administration page for assigning or reserving an IP address on the router’s DHCP server. One can search the internet for their router’s directions.

If you can’t access the Dashboard, do a 4 second reset, which will set the IP address back to DHCP, so your router will allocate it an address on the new network. It will also clear the admin user password.

Another option is to change the IP on your PC to be on the same network the cloud is (was) on, then you can reach it and reconfigure it.

When you did a reset and have a Android device… Use “Fing” to find your WD in the network :slight_smile:

Can you help me how to do that please.

By far the easiest method to get your MyCloud onto the same network as your PC is to do a 4-second reset (reset button on the back of the MyCloud).

This will set it back to using DHCP to get given an IP address by your router. Provided your PC is also using DHCP, it ought to be given an IP address on the same subnet, and be able to talk to the MyCloud.

Try that first.

1 Like